Call us or enter your information in the form below!
Answers to common questions
We’ve compiled a list of answers to common questions.
- Do infants count toward the maximum occupancy?
Generally, children under the age of 2 do not count toward the maximum occupancy.
- How old do I need to be to reserve a home?
In order to reserve one of our vacation homes everyone who is traveling must be at least 25 years old or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Can I bring my dog along?
Dogs are allowed in the one bedroom makai condo and 3 bedroom house of the rising sun.
- What is the difference between FlipKey/VRBO and your site?
VRBO/FlipKey/HomeAway are advertising sites. We are the property management/owners that manages everything from marketing to maintenance and housekeeping. We advertise on VRBO and other sites to get our homes the most visibility.
- Can I bring more people than the maximum allowed listed?
Maximum occupancy does not only refer to the number a home can sleep, this is also the number of people allowed in the home at any given time. It is determined by the licensing authority based on the number of exits in the home and fire safety evacuation plan. Some counties or HOA’s have codes that are strictly enforced. Please abide by the maximum occupancy number for the home at all times.
- What does Trip Protection cover? Is there a time-frame as to when I can add trip protection?
If Trip Protection is purchased, you will receive a full refund for any nights of your reservation cancelled due to a death in the family, illness, flight delays, flight cancellations. You can add Trip Protection up to 30 days prior to your reservation. If you are booking and your check-in date is already within 30 days into your reservation, Trip Protection may only be added within 24 hours from the time of booking.
- I tried to book a reservation online but it gave me an error. How do I know my reservation is secured?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will get back to you usually within 8 hours, but you are welcome to call us at 808-330-9526 to confirm.
- Can I get a breakdown of the total cost?
The rental quote includes all lodging, taxes, and fees. We send this in a contract form..
- What is kailua ocean views cancellation policy?
You may cancel within the first 24 hours of booking the reservation with a full refund. Rental payments (less the original Booking Fee) are refundable up until 60 days prior to the reservation. We are unable to offer refunds on reservations cancelled within 30 days of the check-in date unless you purchase our optional Trip Protection plan and the reason for cancellation falls within the trip protection guidelines.
- What is the pet policy?
Pets are permitted in selected homes,the 3 bedroom house of the rising sun and the one bedroom makai condo. The cost is $10 per pet per day.
- Do you have any homes without a five night minimum stay?
Most of our homes have at least a five night minimum stay.
- Do you take partial payments or must I pay in full upon booking?
All reservations under $2000 must be paid in full at the time of booking. Reservations over $2000 but within 60 days of check-in must be paid in full at the time of booking. Reservations over $2000 with partial payments and more than 60 days out must be paid in full 30 days before the start date of the reservation.
- Do you allow weddings in your homes?
Some of our homes do allow weddings with the owner’s approval. Depending on the home, there may be additional fees, parking restrictions and guest count maximums. Please call us at 808-330-9526 for more details.
- How can I modify my reservation, and are there any fees associated with that?
Please call us at 808-330-9526 to help you modify your reservation. There could be additional fees depending on the change occurring, but we will walk you through everything before finalizing it.
- Do you have monthly rates for your homes?
We do provide monthly rates. Please call 808-330-9526 for discounted rates.
- I found a better unit than the one I booked, would I be able to modify my reservation and change it to the new unit?
See cancellation policy
- Would I need to sign a rental contract for renting a vacation rental?
By booking a reservation, guests acknowledge and agree to abide by Kailua ocean views rental policies. Some of our homes will require you to sign a reservation contract agreeing to policies that are specific to that home. We ask that you review and sign the contract and return it to us via email or fax.
- How do I go about booking a vacation as a gift for a friend?
You can book and pay for a reservation for another person. However, you must ensure that the name and all contact information listed on the reservation, including the email address, are for the person that will be staying in the home.
- What is the difference between a hotel and a vacation rental?
Our vacation rentals are owned by Kailua Ocean View and can be preferable to hotels for a number of reasons. They are typically more comfortable, offer kitchens for preparing meals and are more accommodating to those traveling with children and/or pets. Vacation rentals also offer a wider variety of accommodations which enables them to fit any vacation need, be that a mountain home for 25 or a beach cottage for 2.
- How do I pay for a reservation?
We accept the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard. We also accept electronic checks for reservations booked more than 30 days in advance.
- Is smoking allowed in the home?
Smoking is prohibited on the rented premises, accept in designated spots out side on the 2 acres.
- Does the home come with linens and towels, or do I need to bring my own?
The home will be equipped with all the basic necessities. All the beds will be made with fresh linens and bath towels will be provided. We also provide a beach towel for each client.
- What items can I expect to find in the home?
Please see the features and amenities section of the home listing. Kailua Ocean View also provides a few items to get you started, including:, soap, paper towels, coffee filters, carpet spot cleaner, toilet paper, laundry detergent, fabric softener, dish washing liquid, dish brush, kitchen trash bags, and small trash can liners. If there is something specific that you require, please make sure you bring it with you.
- What cable package does the home have? Will we be able to watch the game?
We provide basic wifi and cable from Oceanic cable. There are about 75 channels.
- If I want to order the UFC Fight, a movie, or a game can I do so and have it charged to my credit card on file?
Our homes generally do not provide any sort of pay-per-view service.
- How do I obtain the keys?
We will e-mail check-in instructions 7 days prior to your stay including driving directions. Please call the day before you arrive to confirm flight information. The owner Nick or another representative will greet you at the home.
- Can I not pay the cleaning fee if I clean the home myself, rather than using your cleaning services?
No. Guests are not allowed to clean after their own stay. Our housekeepers meet very strict guidelines and are required to clean the home after each guest vacates.
- We’ve run out of toilet paper. Can you bring us some more?
Kailua Ocean view provides a starter kit of supplies. Please call 808-330-9526 if you need more of an item..
- We can’t find any paper towels or dishwashing detergent. Can you bring us some?
Please check in all cabinets (under the sink, above the refrigerator) and if you cannot find what you are looking for, we will gladly reimburse you for picking some up. The same goes for the following items: shampoo, conditioner, soap, paper towels, coffee filters, carpet spot cleaner, toilet paper, laundry detergent, fabric softener, dish washing liquid, dish brush, kitchen trash bags, small trash can liners, and propane for the grill.
- We can’t get the fireplace/internet/hot tub/etc. working. Are there instructions in the house?
You should have received an email from us with check-in instructions that includes a link to a digital guest binder. With your reservation number, you will have access to all your house instructions. However, if no instructions are found or if you need further assistance please contact one of our Customer Service Agents at 808-330-9526.
- I am allergic to pet dander and other smells, but I want to stay in a pet friendly home. Is there any way to ensure that I won’t be bothered by them for my stay?
All our homes are thoroughly cleaned after each stay. However, we are unable to guarantee that you will not have a reaction to a home that has been regularly occupied by pets.
- What are the check-out procedures?
Check-out is at 11AM and upon your departure we ask that you start the first load of laundry in the home. If you have time to begin a second load it is greatly appreciated by our housekeeping staff. A $75 per hour fee will be assessed for failing to vacate the unit by the agreed upon check-out time. Please leave the home as you found it including the dishes.
- Do I have to check in by a certain time?
Check-in is at 4 PM and guests can arrive any time after. There are some cases when early check-in is available. If that is the case, we will email you the morning of your stay to inform you that an early check-in option is available. Please note that we will not be able to confirm or deny an early check in request prior to the day of check in due to our cleaning schedules.
- Do you allow early check-ins?
An early check-in is dependent on whether or not the housekeeper has time to fully clean the home before your arrival. If guests are checking out the same day that your reservation begins, an early check-in is not allowed as it will not allow the housekeeper enough time to fully prepare the home for you. We will email you the morning of your check-in if early check-in is available.
- Can I get a late check out?
Late check-out is available if we do not have another reservation that night. There is a fee (plus taxes) associated. The fee varies from house to house. We can tell you if a late check-out is available three days before check-in. If you pay for late check-out you will have the home until 7pm the day you check-out.
- What is your lost and found policy?
We will return your lost item to you if you call us within two weeks of your departure date. We do charge a $25 fee, plus shipping to cover the cost of labor, drive time, and postal fees. Any items not claimed within two weeks will be donated to a local charity.